Custom fields are here

Today is a big day here at Helpmonks as we just released one of the most requested feature - Custom Fields.

With custom fields you can store relevant data for each customer right within the conversation itself. With default values and validation you can rest assure that users enter the correct data.

Setting up a custom field is easy. Within the “Custom Fields” section click on “Add new custom field”. Here you can define the name, the type of field (text, textarea, selection, checkbox or radio button), the value of the
field (text, number or boolean (true/false)) and if the field should have a default value. Additionally, you can choose in which mailbox to show the custom field.

You will find all available custom fields in the plugin section as well. Re-ordering the custom field can be done by drag & drop.

When you are finished configuring your custom fields. you will find the them on the right side of every conversation. You can view or enter relevant information in that panel as well.

Custom fields are available right now

Custom fields is available as a plugin for an additional $15/month and can be activated under “Plugins”. Once enabled, custom fields are available to all users and all mailboxes.

We know that many of our customers were waiting for this and are super excited to make this available now. As always, please let us know if you have any feedback.

is there a possibility to add a link field? so after its saved i should be able to click on it not that i should have to copy and paste it in to a browser.

Thanks

Hi,

Yeah we can definitely expand the custom fields to show as an input field
or as text. Let me look into this.

Thank you for using Helpmonks and being a customer.

Maybe I missed it somewhere, but it there a function within reporting where you can pull reports off of a custom field? for example, I make a custom field which has a drop down, with several selected values. The mailbox user working managing the inbox would be required to choose a selected value before resolving/closing the email itself. This would give management a high level of view of how what types of communications their team is fielding by pulling a report on the results of selected values vs. total emails in X time period or the same by Y mailbox user or even by Z customer who contactsthe mailbox.

Or maybe this can be achieved a different way?

Thanks.

Hi,

Please excuse the delay in my answer.

You are not missing something. We currently do not have a “report” for the custom fields. It’s something we have in mind for a future version.

That said, you could use “labels” to label one or multiple emails and then have an overview of all the emails in a label. While this does not provide a “report” it’s just another way of “summarizing” emails.

Stay tuned an follow our RoadMap and blog to be notified of new features.